Monday, September 17, 2012

Introduction: My Journey to Becoming a Radio Talk Show Host

Attention, Attention!

*clears throat* My name is Cameron Owens, currently a student (freshman) at the University of Kentucky majoring in Broadcast/Journalism in hopes of one day becoming a radio talk show host. I want to have a radio talk show that discusses a plethora of topics that can garner great conversations from the average everyday citizen and even the most influential figures of our time in hopes  of finding solutions to help solve some of the worlds problems that we face today.

I named my blog In The Zone because I wanted it to be a place that I could call my own in pursuit of my dream job of becoming a radio talk show host and also a place where I could discuss topics that are of interest to me and those who are around my age that feel as if their opinions are not heard. In this world we are constantly being bombarded with news that is not only bias, but spews negativity and hate among the people of the world today.

My hopes for this blog is to be able to take a look at different topics from all angles as I firmly believe that "all voices have the right to be heard" and there is no such thing as a "right" or "wrong" opinion and that it can conjure up great conversation and opinions from both  myself and my peers.

So strap up and join me in this this crazy roller coaster ride that we call... Life!

Feel free to comment!

1 comment: